IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2.1 extends its rich capabilities in the following areas:
- Cognos Active Report now provides the flexibility to incorporate new and innovative chart types as well as more interactive versions of existing charts. IBM Rapidly Adaptive Visualisation Engine (RAVE) visualisations enhance the Cognos Active Report consumption experience across consumption environments that include mobile devices. Report authors benefit from an improved authoring experience when RAVE visualisations are used. Enhanced flexibility provides the opportunity to customize charts to meet business-specific needs. Highly adaptive, the RAVE framework represents a paradigm shift for delivering value to organisations through visualisation.
- Cognos Dynamic Cubes now deliver more efficient memory usage for data intensive queries at large scales, a reduced memory footprint for data, and aggregate caches and improved aggregate selection logic to choose the aggregate with lower query cost.
- Cognos Active Report leverages improved use of compression and engine optimisation providing smaller files with faster load times, which equates to the ability to include more data and a reduced memory footprint.
- Cognos Mobile leverages the Cognos Business Intelligence server to provide high-fidelity reports including support for formatting, drilling, and prompts. In addition, it delivers faster reports by retrieving and presenting multipage reports one page at a time reducing peak server loads and allowing users to open and interact with large reports quickly.
- Cognos Report Studio provides burst reports that can be distributed across all report servers for better use of hardware resources and optimises the execution of batch reports to increase throughput and improve CPU utilisation.
Big data support
- If you deployed big data technologies, Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2.1 delivers Big SQL support, included in IBM InfoSphere® BigInsights™ V2.1, Hive support for Apache Hive version 0.8 or version 0.9, and support for SAP HANA. Hive support extends Cognos Business Intelligence’s reach to commercial Hadoop offerings such as Cloudera, Hortonworks, and Amazon Elastic MapReduce, and complements predictive analytics for Hadoop through SPSS® Analytic Server.
- Combine data in motion and at rest to get the most complete view of the business
New Features Guide
- Read the full IBM Cognos version 10.1.2 New Features Guide HERE
Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.1 Fix List
- A comprehensive list of defect corrections for major releases, refresh packs and fix packs of Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.1 can be found HERE.