So where do you start?
The Cortell team will work with you to identify your organisation’s biggest and highest priority challenges to kick off the initiative … where processes within Narrative Reporting have the greatest impact.
We look at your biggest problems, such as the daily battle with the data required to support your Narrative Reporting processes, with emphasis on removing obstacles around:
Narrative Reporting usually has major issues with workflow, collation, calculation, analysis and management of data.
The current state is usually a labour intensive process that is:
- prone to errors
- an operational risk due to single person dependencies
- costly due to over complicated manual processes
- isolated from other core business processes.
This is a great place to start, so typically we commence an initiative by conducting an initial FREE high level strategic review followed by a light Proof of Concept with your business stakeholders to showcase how we can remove these issues.
Cortell will have one of our senior business consultants facilitate the workshop (a qualified accountant) as an advisor to you and your team. The free assessment includes:
- a high level review of your As Is State for Narrative Reporting
- a walk through the case studies and best practices to see how other organisations are implementing and benefiting from improved and streamlined processes
- one-hour features demo on IBM Cognos Disclosure Management
- high level review of your desired To Be State and vision (after seeing case studies, best practice and demo scenarios)
- summary document, including results from the assessment and recommendations on next steps
Why start with Cortell?
Cortell Australia is a certified and award winning IBM Cognos Business Analytics Partner and Reseller. In 2013, 2012 and 2011, Cortell was awarded IBM’s Business Analytics Partner of the Year.
Our consultants have delivered in excess of 850 different Business Analytics Applications to over 500 customers.
Cortell have extensive budget, forecast and planning, cost management, activity based costing and internal/external reporting skills that have been applied to all industry sectors.
We work closely with external regulators. For example we are on APRA’s Early Adopters Program for XBRL 2.1 reporting … a new standard being mandated that is completely different to the current XBRL 2.0 reporting requirements.