For the best business outcomes, your company needs to plan, forecast and budget effectively.You must also get the right information to the right people in the form they need it—and be able to make changes quickly.
IBM Cognos® TM1 provides a complete planning, budgeting and forecasting environment that supports the full range of business requirements.
With high-performance, on-demand financial analytics, flexible modeling and enterprise contribution for a broad range of users, Cognos TM1 helps you develop timely, reliable forecasts, budgets and plans, reducing planning cycles by as much as 75%. Click on the Demo above to learn more.
Cognos TM1 can ramp up your planning, budgeting and analysis with:
- exceptionally fast performance for large, sophisticated models and large data sets
- a flexible modeling environment that requires no programming or traditional IT skills
- the scalability and flexibility to start with a single planning application and then expand it for use in your entire enterprise
- a choice of interfaces: Microsoft® Excel®, TM1 Web and a built-in client for managed participation
- role-based security that supports multiple users and ensures that users see only those portions of the plan that they need to
In addition, Cognos TM1 blends the workflow activities of planning with advanced personalised analysis, adapted to each contributor’s particular plans. While you’re planning, you’re not just viewing plans, but you’re dynamically building your own alternatives, sharing them with your team and using the best scenarios to make informed decisions. Cognos TM1 is also Cognos 10 Ready, this means you can link your plans and forecasts with reporting and scorecarding for a complete picture from goal setting to measuring progress. Powerful planning and analysis
- Support driver-based plans and rolling forecasts; link plans together for a cohesive view of all functions, departments and geographies.
- Perform complex cost allocations and profitability analysis to identify the most profitable products, customers, markets and sales channels.
- Execute planning tasks through a personal workspace, connected to the broader enterprise – aggregated results are available to higher levels instantly.
- Dramatically improve query execution times with multi-threaded queries that calculate multiple streams of results in parallel.
- Analyze large, frequently changing data sets organized into complex models using a multidimensional, 64-bit, in-memory OLAP engine.
Integrated scorecards and strategy management
- Add metrics and scorecards to every contributor’s workspace.
- Model and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) in the same environment used for planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ensure that strategic plans and measurement systems align capital with business opportunities.
- Create highly visual scorecards that include interactive impact diagrams, Balanced Scorecards and custom diagrams.
- Adopt model design and data access to fit your specific business processes; format input templates for flexibility and ease of use.
- Create personalized scenarios to explore an unlimited number of alternatives so individuals, teams and departments can respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Easily monitor performance metrics for one or more planning servers from a single control panel.
Engagement with more users
- Engage remote and distributed users through a range of mobile devices, including the Apple iPad.
- Contribute to plans from any location. Users can review the status of plans and enter and submit plan values; managers can review, approve or reject contributions remotely.
- Choose the interface best suited to your users: Cognos Analysis for Excel, Cognos TM1 Web, Cognos Insight or Cognos TM1 Contributor.
- Scale to thousands of participants to support top-down and bottom-up planning budgeting, and forecasting.
Cloud-based deployment option
- Choose from on-premise or on-cloud deployment as the best delivery mechanism for your unique corporate environment—without sacrificing capabilities or limiting future deployment options.
- Choose from centralized or distributed planning deployments to support a wide range of users, locations, environments and work profiles, including offline use.
- Allow contribution by remote users and integration with on-premise data sources.
Find out what we can achieve for you. Contact our Client Services Team on +61 2 9438 3940.